Sunday, July 3, 2011

Come party like it's sancitoned by the Mile High Club at Airways Brewing Grand Re-Opening - Saturday, July 9th -

If you haven't met Alex Dittmar (Founder/Brewer) & assorted crew of Airways Brewing Company, I am very sad for you. They are a fun, hilarious bunch to talk beer with and make some amazing brews to boot. Airways has been diligently working on the expansion of their tap room in Kent and this would be as good of a chance as any to head that way for a visit and a pint or two.

The celebration will include not only revelry & debauchery I'm sure, but extended hours (1-9p) and food stuffs from their neighbor, Yukon Grill. In addition to the regular lineup offered (First Class IPA, Sky Hag IPA, Jet City ESB, T-Tail Blonde Ale & Starliner Stout), Airways will be serving the following specialty brews:
  • Midnight Departure CDA - brewed for the first time since last summer
  • Tickel Your Zwickel - German unfiltered lager
  • Maylani's Tropical Stout - Chocolate Coconut Stout
  • Über Hag - Sky Hag IPA aged in Heaven Hills Bourbon Barrels
I've yet to walk away from an experience with Airways Brewing (& Mr. Dittmar) not laughing and having experienced a thoroughly great time. I am ashamed to admit that this will be my first time visiting the Tap Room but special occasions & beers bring out even the laziest of folks. Including me. I plan to be there with bells on (plus a few other items) and minions in tow. Below you'll see a few examples of some fantastic moments spent with Airways...
Winter Beer Fest in Seattle

Airways busted out all the stops with their ice sculpture tap handle... thingy. Sick, right?

 

The clips above are from the Airways Brewers Night at Parkway Tavern in Tacoma. I was honored with the task of opening the firkin. I always love it when someone hands me a mallet and tells me to go to town.

In closing I'll just say that I'm really super dee duper (like, public happy dance happiness) stoked about this event and I hope Airways has the crowd and support they've earned and deserve.

I'm Über stoked (again) that even though MGD will be all absent like on party day (super sad face), Alex told me "Sigh. I guess you'll just have to do then Tracy. We'll pour a pint in MGD's honor (almost certain he'd prefer an Über Hag) and let it sit on the counter."

I'm ALSO jazzed because I know that Alex has an amazing memory. Therefore, even though it's months after we met up at the Airways Brewers Night at Parkway Tavern, he will recall that when it comes to work shirts, I wear a size Medium.

Cheers to always keeping things refreshingly Hag-a-licious!
the pissed liBEERian



1 comment:

  1. OK It is true confessions time. As much as I have enjoyed Airways brews at festivals, I have never made the trek to the taproom in Kent. Well today is the day!

    ReplyDelete