Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Newish & Highly Noteworthy-ish Blogs You Should Follow

Been out and about lately with MGD on an ale-cation of sorts around the Midwest. Brewery visits galore & a pub crawl that took 2 full days to complete. Since I'm so busy easing myself back into reality, sorting out notes for a (multi-part) blog & planning a private weekend party to enjoy the cooler loads of brews MGD is hauling home, I'm gonna hafta pull a bait and switch move on ya.

This essentially means 'That all sounds exciting, right? Well, I'm going to try and distract you with something else while I'm busy doing all that..." Although I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence, I'm hoping it's an effective diversion.

I'd like to recommend two newish blogs I've been enjoying immensely as of late. Hopefully you'll love 'em too.



Chris Baker of Portland's EyeLuvBeer products (think bumper stickers & tshirts, check out their swag here!) started a blog recently describing his adventures in all things beer. I had the pleasure of meeting him at the Tacoma Craft Beer Fest in Fall 2010 and we've been buds ever since. EyeLuvBeer stuff is great, he spells stuff like I do & has a well written blog that provides hilarity and interesting-ness upon perusal.

and...



 This is a blog from the Tacoma Public Library System, which multiple employees scribe for. However, there is one author in particular that really stands out. The author goes by jreisdorf and posts not only well researched & thought out blogs, but is a talented writer to boot. Her reviews have led me to crack open some fantastic novels that I may not have considered before hearing her thoughts. You should FOR SURE check out her latest post (which you can access by clicking on the blog title above) describing the history of classic cocktails and the local imbibing scene. I had the pleasure of joining her on a 'research' trip and she found my witticisms awesome enough to quote at the end of her blog. (Yes, I did just manage to self promote myself while promoting someone else.)

I subscribe to a LOT of blogs (over half of them beer related) and end up skimming a lot of them due to time constraints. There are about 10-15 blogs that cause me to first do an internal happy dance (although some blogs demand an external happy dance) upon seeing a new post, then I devour every single word. As an admitted bibliophile, I heart the general existence of all literature. There are too many wonderful things to read out there to ever waste my time on something that isn't a cut above. Both of these blogs (& their writers) are worth my time. And yours.


Slowly working my way out of vacation recovery mode,
the pissed liBEERian







1 comment:

  1. Tracy:

    Thanks so much for the plug! You rock! Looking forward to reading about your Midwest beer adventure with MGD.
    Hope to be at the Tacoma Craft Beer Festival this year.

    Talk soon,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete