Sunday, January 15, 2012

West Coast road trip is half full!

I currently find myself sipping on a taster flight of beers at Figueroa Mountain Brewing Company in Buellton, CA. Which also happens to be the Home of Split Pea Soup. Which also happens to deserve capital letters. Totally rad. This gem of a tasting room has met us with open arms (READ: Drinking yummy beer next to a firey flame thing that is currently keeping me cozy warm) after an eventful day.

After flying from Seattle to Tucson to meet MGD, we've traveled approx. 669 aleventure filled miles. That number doesn't account for the massive amounts of driving around in circles we did in LA because I can't make my phone's navigation app obey me. Jedi Mind Trick... -3. But whatever. My only jobs during this trip were to bitch minimally about everything and navigate. I'll try to work harder on the navigation part for next time.

Here's our travel line up thus far with much more planned before we roll back into T Town Tacoma...

Arizona
-Sun Up Brewing Company (Phoenix)
-4 Peaks Brewery (Tempe)
-Trident Grill (in Tucson and a TOTAL Redskins bar. Eek of happiness!)
-1702 (Tucson, pizza & craft beer greatness)
-Grimaldi's Pizza (Tucson)
-1702 [Tucson, yes AGAIN. We had the best time EVA the night before (not to mention the couple times MGD went there before I arrived) & were craving a repeat.]
-In-N-Out (Yuma)

California
-Alpine Brewing Co (Alpine)
-Alesmith (San Diego, thanks for posting about your week long renovation closure on the website! Or not...)
-Green Flash (San Diego)
-Lost Abbey (San Marcos, please don't ask how long I spent searching in the barrel room for a numbered barrel with '253' on it.)
-Pizza Port (Carlsbad)
-Pizza Port Bottle Shop (Carlsbad)
-Renaissance Hotel (Los Angeles, full of scantily clad Asian women & the swankiest lodgings I've had the pleasure of staying in. Thanks for making me feel super fat and super normal LA, as always!)
-Fogo De Chao (Beverly Hills. They serve meat on giant skewers so it's rad but all I had was a mojito)
-Los Angeles Police Department (LA. Don't fret, it was just a short jaunt.)
-Ronald Reagan Presidential Library (Simi Valley)

...and that brings us up to date as we are currently sitting in Figueroa Mountain Brewing Co. Ta Da! And just think! There is so very much more to share with you later. Like details. About beer.

On the effing road again
(but, um, YAY! 'cause I'm keeping the bitching to a minimum)
(mostly)

the pissed liBEERian



1 comment:

  1. It was good to briefly meet yo uat PWay tonight. Those lines at the bar can suck. I had a similar trip when living in CA(Santa Barbara). I hope you stopped in Santa Barbara and SLO because they have some very under rated breweries. At least you went to Fig Mtn, GF and RR. Port Bottle Shop was a gem too! Hope you enjoyed the Sang Noir and Blueberry! GREAT!!!

    ReplyDelete