Tuesday, May 17, 2011

American Craft Beer Week - Day 2 & 1 green eyed lady

American Craft Beer Week
May 17th, 2011
Day 2

Celebratory antics included a visit to MSM (Magical Sandwich Makers in Tacoma, WA for those of you who just don't know) for Dogfish Head Aprihop. They didn't disappoint, but they never do, so no surprise there. Drank a bottle (okay, two...) while watching The NeverEnding Story. I don't know what my movie selections have to do with American Craft Beer Week but it sets the tone, mkay?

Happy to report that the bottled (2011) variety of Aprihop is much tastier then the two times I had it on tap recently.

Cue photographic transition from ACBW info to the Green Eyed reference


Me, drinking my Aprihop in bed. For those of you unenlightened folks, Aprihop is made by Dogfish Head. Which just happens to be where MGD went today... with. out. me.

In all fairness, it's not like I had the option or capacity to join him. He was in Virginia, visiting the Falls Church DFHead Brewpub. I would have been equally saddened if he didn't stop by DFHead, but that is truly irrelevant.


He's on a road trip driving across the country and beer related stops are mandatory. In a couple of weeks I'll be meeting him in Chicago and we'll have even more beer related adventures to write about when we're back. He gave me permission (hahaha, funny right?!) to pre-blog his action so here's what he was up to today.

Hellhound On My Ale
Blend of the Black&Blue, Red&White and Palo Santo Marron. MGD declared that it would take an hour to rate this beer it is so complex...

Naturally, a trip to the bathroom came next before hitting the road.
Lovely, Lovely Taps.
Total rudeness. Sent to me w/ a message saying: Muah. Hahaha!
Next stop Brooklyn, if he can survive the nightmarish traffic. Or what some of us like to call karma.

I'm stoked (secretly) that one of our unit got to make an appearance at Dogfish Head but naturally had to do my typical thang out of jealousy. This equals...
  • Receive onslaught of TM pictures from MGD, manage to not throw my phone.
  • Reply with a smiling picture of me labeled 'before I got your TMs'
  • Send 2nd reply with a sad picture of me (eye drops may have been used to simulate tears) labeled 'after I got your TMs'
  • Laff ass off with coworker and submit that I haven't felt this jealous over anything in a long time. MGD & I have never had people based jealousy problems in our relationship, just beer based jealousy.
  • Replied with final TM, a picture of me holding a sign stating 'I will do dirty, unspeakable things to you in Chicago in 2 weeks in exchange for DFHead souvenirs'.

it's still American Craft Beer Week but I'm currently on a TWO week(ish) countdown,
the pissed liBEERian

Super sneaky watch photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment