Monday, May 16, 2011

MayHappenStances

I'd just like to say a big fat "Thank You" (also known as Suck It) to the Blogger site for having a random crash last week which erased all of my work in progress that was supposed to be a May Events posting. It was going to come out later than I wanted it to no matter what, but I did my total bestest to make the last 1/2 of May seem super eventful and exciting. This is what you get instead:

Monday 16th thru Sunday 22nd - American Craft Beer Week. Celebrate it. Organized events going on all over, CraftBeer.com is a great promoter and resource of this celebration.

Thursday 18th thru Sunday 29th - Seattle Beer Week. Title is mostly self explanatory but same deal. Celebrate it. Click here for a list of events. According to my oh-so-accurate-insight-into-all-things-beer-event-related... it's gonna be off the hook.

In both celebratory cases, I am going to try and participate in a multitude of ways. I'm a whore for themes. They make everything more fun. National Sea Monkey Day (5/16) resulted in an hour of important research during my day, for example. Note: Please don't attempt to dispute the authenticity of this event, it just IS. Mmmkay?! Kay.

I don't have the energy or the time to recreate all the events I listed but feel free to check back here, because I'll probably add some things at a later date. There ARE 15 fun filled days left in May! Random things worth checking out:

Tuesday 17th - Airways Brewing Night @ Tides Tavern (6-9p, Gig Harbor) They'll be serving their Triple Chocolate Stout, Sky Hag IPA, First Class IPA & T-Tail Blonde. The whole lovely gang (as I know it to be anyways) will be there to serve up some brews along with schwag. Sunshine optional.

Thursday 19th - 2010 Dogfish Head World Wide Stout and 120 Minute IPA will be on tap at a location in Seattle. I'm not sure I want to reveal where yet, in case it effects my chance to get some... Maybe if enough people bug me (who aren't willing to do the research themselves) I'll decide to disclose the location. (EDIT: Okay... it'll be pouring at UBER Tavern starting at 4p. I can't go now, so you might as well.)

Sunday 22nd - Iron Brewer Competition at Beveridge Place Pub (5-8p, Seattle) BPP chooses the ingredients, they brew the beer. This year will feature Elliott Bay vs. Georgetown, Fremont vs. Two Beers, & Big Al vs. Black Raven. Ingredients include: cucumber, wasabi, cedar, sesame, plum & yuzu.

Permanent - 2 extra taps @ The Red Hot. (Anytime, Tacoma) Dropped the ball on several events that Chris emailed me about. You know, events that I specifically asked him to keep me in the know on so I could add it to a blog like this. Which he did and I didn't. They had 13 taps, now they have 15. It's worth knowing & now you do.


yes please, May I have another?
the pissed liBEERian


You may have noticed that I rarely post pictures of myself that don't look good/flattering. Tonight I will make an exception but not without explanation.
I hate this picture of myself. I'm wearing my 'not amused' face.
However, it's a cutesy couple picture & it kind of makes me miss (outta town for uber long time) MGD even more.
Plus the 'not amused' look works well with my feelings toward Blogger at the moment.


Photography courtesy of Basil


No comments:

Post a Comment