Thursday, February 24, 2011

Beveridge Place Pub Barleywine Bacchanal (2/25 thru 3/5)

I've been deeply entrenched in the craft beer scene since July 2010. During the last 7 months I've had many a barley wine pass my lips. However, we are now slowly transitioning into my first barley wine season and I'm stoked. Parkway will be hosting their annual Barley Wine Fest on April 30th, which I'm really looking forward to as I hear it's awesome. 

And starting this Friday @ 2p (through March 5th) Beveridge Place Pub will be dedicating 24 (twenty-effing-four!) taps to the Wine o' zee Barley.

Here's the lineup (I've highlighted what I am excited to try 'cause I know you care):
 
Alaskan Barleywine '07, '08, '09
Anacortes Old Sebastes '08, '09, '10
Anchor Old Foghorn '08
Anderson Valley Horn of the Beer '09
Avery Hog Heaven '10
Boulder Killer Penguin '09
Boundary Bay Old Bounder '10
Deschutes Mirror Mirror '09
Diamond Knot Icebreaker '10
Dick's Barleywine '10
Elliott Bay Old Portside '09
Elysian Cyclops '08
Fish 10 Squared '09, '10
Flying Dog Horndog '09
Full Sail Old Boardhead '08
Great Divide Old Ruffian '10,
Hale's Rudyard's Rare '10
Hopworks Urban Brewery Noggin Floggin '09
Hood Canal Breidablik '10
J.W. Lees Harvest Ale (firkin) '09
Lagunitas Old Gnarleywine '09
Left Hand Oak Aged Widdershins '10
Lost Abbey Angels Share ''10,
Lucky Lab Old Yeller '09
Mad River John Barleycorn '07
North Coast Old Stock '08, '09
Pike Old Bawdy '07, '08, '09, '10
Port Townsend '07
Scuttlebutt Old #1  '09
Sierra Nevada Bigfoot '09
Sierra Nevada Black Barleywine '10
Speakeasy Old Godfather '09
Stone Old Guardian '07, '08, '09
Three Skulls Wreckage '09
Victory Old Horizontal '10

In addition to the massive assortment of Barley Wine's featured, Beveridge Place will still have 8 handles devoted to 'normal' brews for the timid (and WEAK!) or in case your mouth hole needs a break. Also, don't miss these special nights during the event: 
Sun, Feb 27 - Vertical I   
Three years worth of brew from Alaskan & Anacortes 
Mon, Feb 28 - Vertical II   
Three years worth of brew from Pike & Stone
Tue, Mar 1 - Party like its 2007!  
Several 2007 vintage barleywines that will never be available again!

 Regardless of how many barleywines I end up tasting during the BPP Bacchanal, my life and soul will still not be complete until I have tried a McGuires I'll Have What the Gentleman on the Floor is Having Barley Wine. 

Funniest. Name. Ever.

Sleeping bag, toothbrush & mixed company appropriate sleepwear are all packed in anticipation of the super high ABVs doing what they were meant to...

the pissed liBEERian 

Barleywines are strong and may lead to a clothing optional status. Therefore I submit the picture above...

No comments:

Post a Comment