Monday, February 28, 2011

All hail the mighty Odin Brewing Company (take a knee bitches!)

In all honesty, I visited the Odin Brewery waaaaaay too long ago. It almost feels like I need to go again simply to justify putting this blog out at such a random ass time. Like another trip would be such a hardship on me and my liver... However, Odin Brewing Company has exciting news on the horizon which prompts me to get my effing act together and give you a bit of an Odin FYI.


We first met Dan & the Odin crew at the Tacoma Craft Beer Festival in early October 2010. Their Smoky Bacon Ale was a big hit with the festival goers and I spent the better part of half an hour trying to talk Dan out of his Odin Glitter Tee. It was clear that Dan was wearing 2 t-shirts soooooo, logic being what it is in my world, why wouldn't he give me one? Being the nice guy that he is, Dan promised me a free one if I stopped by the brewery for a visit. Sold. Off I gallop to Odin on my own personal Sleipni, the Jetta.

The Odin tasting room consists of an eclectic mix of artwork that features 'Odin' in random ways and the furniture is said to be mostly anything Dan's in-laws were considering throwing on their front lawn with a 'FREE TO TAKE' sign attached. It feels like a mix between a rummage sale (minus the price tags) and a man cave, all the while being completely comfy and a great place to chill with a pint. Added bonus: When I decided it was time to dump my full tasting glass all over myself, I didn't feel all that bad about getting some on the couch.

Hanging out with Al (Big Al), Heather (Schooner Exact), & Dan (Odin) @ Jillian's in Seattle.
Odin Beers I've Lovingly Ingested During My Visit & All Over Tarnation (ie Seattle & Tacoma):
(holy fucking Thorballs, this ale is amazing! A sour stout, cha!)
(I had to bend my digestive morality & at least taste it... shuddup)
Odin's Pearl White Ale

Over a few tastes of what Odin had on tap, we chatted Dan up about how he got into the beer business. Originally a Canuckistanian, he previously worked at a Major who shall remain unmentioned but who's name resembles that of my #1 Minion. I knew there was something a bit off about him... With the desire to make unique beer with new twists, Dan felt he had to leave a major corporation to do so. Bypassing the whole home brewer stage that many begin with, Dan started Odin Brewing Company with 4 employees and is doing just that.

So, for the most totally excellent news on the horizon I promised to deliver (unlike Digiorno). Odin has started bottling their beer! In early February, the first shipment went north to Bellingham (WTF guys!) and the Seattle area should being seeing Odin bottles on the shelves by March. I thought the ever trendy and popular Smoky Bacon Ale would be their first choice to hit bottledom but Odin's gonna be pumping out the Ruby (one of my mouth's all time faves!!!) and the Kolsch at this time. Keep your eyes peeled, their beer is not something you want to pass up.

Odin & crew have a great attitude, solid business plan, excellent vision and cool used furniture; even with only having one eye and a duo of seeing-eye wolves to get by... I think they'll be going far and I'm happy to be right thur, drinkin' der beers as they do it.

Click here if you'd like to learn more about Dan's hair than someone who isn't his wife or hair stylist should ever know. Their website has had quite the makeover since I visited it last so seriously, check it out.


Glitter T's acquired! Dan gave me a freebie & MGD won his @ Jillians. Dan thoroughly tried to convince me the night this picture was taken that the girl shirts run small for a reason... hmmmmm.
the pissed liBEERian


Photo credits to MGD
& mutual editing credits to MGD and myself when I had to re-edit his editing. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment