Thursday, February 3, 2011

Park it right there mister!

It's been a hot minute since I enjoyed a pint at the Parkway Tavern, so there was very little arm twisting involved in getting me to stop by last night. To my shock and awe, it happened to be Double IPA night. 2nd day of the 2nd month... why WOULDN'T it be Double IPA night @ Parkway? Oh, that's right... because nobody told me therefore it shall not exist! Parkway, can I come have some of your awesome tomato/gorgonzola/basil soup next time you bust it out and handle all of your event PR? Seriously guys... cereal.

What was meant to be one pint (Russian River Damnation, woot!), turned into dos (2010 Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barley Wine), which also included a free schooner from bartender Nick (Hair of the Dog) as well as another schooner poured by the owners of Bremerton's Der Blokken Brewery (Sacred Hop Double IPA).

Which is all fine and dandy but it kinda created some overflow into the rest of my evening when I started off wanting to just have one pint and a few laughs with a friend. Oh well... had some new beers and hung out with friends old and new. Plus I got the skinny on some upcoming Parkway events that are Sharpie worthy in the Calender O' the Pissed LiBEERian. Check it out:

2/14 - Tap Night Tacoma (Parkway will have the Big Al Hop Villain Black IPA)
& also on 2/14 (Valentine's Day for you knuckleheads who don't know)...
2/14 - Parkway will have a slough of chocolate beers
2/16 - New Belgium Brewer's Night
3/2 - Silver City Brewer's Night
3/29 - Ninkasi Brewer's Night

And according to the taps under the 'Next On Tap' sign, we'll be seeing some Big Al's Winter Warmer osoon, plus something about the Younger coming... Ohhhhhhhh.

needing someone to warm up my winter...
the pissed liBEERian


Photo Credits to MGD & myself

No comments:

Post a Comment