Monday, November 1, 2010

Another 'Damn it's great to be me" moment... pre-PDX trip kudos.

As I mentioned in my Novembeer Events blog, on the 11th, I will be attending a dinner @ The East Burn in Portland. Each course will feature a beer pairing by Walking Man Brewing. Sounds great right? Right. Until I perused the event menu and my little vegetarian heart fell. Not out of surprise, just a general dismay that so many recent beer/dinner events are centered around meat dishes.

It never occurred to me that I should just move on and find something else to do in Portland (I rarely pause when in pursuit of something I want) so I contacted the folks at East Burn to see if we could work something out with the menu. Please note that while I'm not afraid to ask for something when I want it, that doesn't mean I demand or expect everything to go my way. I would only want them to accommodate my dietary wishes as long as it wasn't inconvenient to the chef or a detriment to the event and attending guests.

I got nothing but love from owners Mike & Matt Bender, as well as the executive chef Joe Dougherty. They are stoked we are making the weekend trek to Portland on Mission de Beer Blog and excited to plan a special menu just for me, that still pairs with the evenings selection of beers. Take a peek at what's on the agenda:

Starter
Chanterelle Mushroom Bisque w/ Oregon Hazlenut Brittle. 
Paired with Hoptoberfest

Appetizers
Duck Confit with Braised Swiss Chard and Cranberry Puree on
Grilled Little T Baguette. (4 Me: Grilled eggplanty goodness)
Paired with Ramblin' Raspberry

Wild Boar Chili (4 Me: Same chili minus the boar) & Chipotle Ice Cream
Paired with Black Cherry Stout

Main Course
Fresh Herb Stuffed Porchetta with Roasted Squash and
Orange Infused-Toasted Almond Pilaf (4 Me: either veggie spaghetti & meatballz, or a seafood selection)
Paired with Walking Man IPA

Dessert
Artisan Cheese Selection with Hood River Poached Pear
Paired with High Road Scotch Ale

Dee. Lish. Us. 10 more days and that noise is gonna be residing in my mouth. Dinner should be taking place on day uno and an awesome start of a PDX adventure in brewery goodness. We're coming... watch out.

Thanks EastBurn, I'm super dee duper stoked! You guys are da bomb!

the pissed liBEERian

No comments:

Post a Comment