Sunday, January 9, 2011

And they call it the day of rest!

An involved discussion took place yesterday between MGD and I. We decided that Sundays are AWESOME and totally our most favoritest day eva. We have been doing the same thing every Sunday for the last few months and took the opportunity to reflect on that last evening. (FYI, this blog was written LAST week and I'm finally getting around to fine tuning it the Sunday after. Go me and all my efficiency!)

If the 4 days prior to Sunday are taken into account, I’m not really sure where we found the energy for what our Sunday ended up entailing. On Wednesday I hit up Lah-goon-eet-uz night @ the Red Hot after work and was in store for a sleepless night because of some damn mouse in our house.  Ended up at MGD’s late Thursday because I couldn’t deal with another vermin caused evening of insomnia and pull off NYE the next day. On Friday I did NYE party stuff all day, partied my little heart out and didn’t go to bed until 5:55a on January 1st.
Saturday more or less didn’t exist, unless you take into account the bedsores on my body from spending as much time as possible hiding under the covers. Got up with our house guests for a quick bite to eat before they went on their merry way then went straight back to bed. I vaguely remember being in bed alone & realizing MGD was still downstairs. Trotted on down and sat in a chair and stared at him until he noticed and said “I thought you were sleeping and didn’t want to bother you.” I relayed that I was trying to sleep but was lonely (because who doesn’t crave company while they are unconscious?) so he obliged and hopped back in the sack where he proceeded to snooze for hours and I laid there listening to him breathe.
'Twas decided that we had to obtain sustenance at some point and I was dismayed that I had to put on pants and go to the store for PL friendly food. There was about 30m of internal debate while trying to drown my hunger in Coke Zero. Pants wearing it is, followed by the longest visit to Safeway EVER. So essentially we slept, read, watched movies and ate all day in true recovery mode.

Cue Sunday, TA DA!!! Wake up early-ish to head towards the 206 where MGD throws down some rugby goodness and I try to get some work done for a couple of hours. Then commences the “What do you want to do?” & “I don’t know, what do YOU want to do?” followed by “There’s a few places left in Seattle we haven’t tried…” which led to the following itinerary. 

-Rugby for MGD, 3rd Place Books café for me (coffee + wifi = an alarming amount of productivity)
-In search of Skins/Giants game yet also requiring good beer leads to a problematic situation. We tried Pies & Pints, Iron Bull and then finally Murphy’s; where we sucked it up and live streamed the game through my ‘puter.
-On to Bottleworks (just a few blocks down from Murphy’s) where we looked around a bit and had a Liefmans Kriek & a Deschutes Hop Henge.
-As all roads that lead to Bottleworks will take you directly to Brouwer’s Café, it was the next natural pit stop. Plopped down into our favorite spot (leather couches tucked into a risen corner stage) and watched the rest of the Seahawks game. Yummy things to hit our mouths were a Dirty Ho, a Russian River Supplication, and some Hair of the Dog Adam & washed down with a bowl of cauliflower gratin and we were ready to go to…
-Duck Island. Well, not quite yet. I merely asked the name of the place where we played pinball a few weeks ago and MGD took that as a “next stop, here we come!”

We parked a few blocks away and hoofed it down the block in the bitterasscoldnipplyweather. After 30 feet (uphill both ways, in the snow, minus shoes), we ducked into Uber Tavern to warm up.. Score! This place was absolutely fabulous with their pretty fire rocks (which I wasn’t allowed to play with), their big pink Delirium Tremens elephant tap (which I also wasn’t allowed to play with) and rockin’ bottle selection (which I was allowed to play with). Ie a Russian River Supplication for $19!! Whoa, shoulda checked that price out first. Obviously I can’t play without strict supervision.

In the future we will definitely want to spend some more time @ Uber Tavern, that place was pretty bomb. Finally got our act together enough to bear the cold and ran down to Duck Island. Got some brews and quarters and thoroughly dominated the pinball machines. Well, AFTER I dug through a coffee can of old bottle caps to find more of the Session Lager rock/paper/scissors variety (which I totally did!).  Collection: Beyond Complete.

Drove home around midnight, watched a movie, fillintheblankwithyourdirtyminds, and went to sleep. We have finally figured out the perfect formula to our wonderful Sunday adventures. Sunshine (not necessary but ideal), sports, productivity, pubs & us. 

To rest, or be heathens?
heathenishly yours,
the pissed liBEERian






No comments:

Post a Comment