Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Sometimes it's hard to remember the things you never want to forget.

New Years Freakin' Eve. I tend to build up upcoming events in my head. I always want everything to be the best, most fun & incredibly epic.  Important nights, like New Years Eve, are placed in a category best known as "most likely to never live up to my crazy big expectations". Someone who once knew me well told me that "they can't all be zingers". True enough. Except in the case of my Friday night, New Years Eve. What an amazingly great time. It was the best (most perfect) NYE I've ever had.





Co-hosted a private after hours party @ Amocat Cafe in Tacoma with owner Morgan Alexander. Got to share my evening with friends both new and old. Some of the people I love most in the world were there. It's a bit sappy but to be able to ring in 2011 with my best friend in the universe, my brother (who's lived out of state for the last 7 yrs & just moved back to WA), and the man I love and adore above all others; means more to me than a few keystrokes can express.
Morgan beer!

We had a million laughs, a ton of great beer (cue the 3 liter bottles of Double Bastard & Grand Reserve Chimay, plus some remarkable home brew by Amocat owner Morgan Alexander) and delicious nomz coming in all shapes and sizes. There was a damn taster cup pyramid for goodness sake!

Did a bit of pre-funking & last minute party preparing with a growler of Schooner Exact's Midnight Union before the guests showed up. Shortly before the hour of importance I trotted down to the Mix for some party swag they were giving away outside. I.e., feathered tiaras for the girls, bowler hats for the boys, and some noise makers for all. Dallas, the Mix's bouncer, let me have whatever my heart desired so I invited him to come drink with us when work ended. As I ran up the street back to Amocat I shouted something to the effect of "Just come do it, right now!" at him. A random street lingerer replied "When a girl like that says 'come do it right now' you go man, right now." Hahahaha. Too funny. He never came (that I know of) but I appreciate his contribution to the party.

My Fave Moments of NYE 

1. While playing with our newly acquired party attire, I believe I started a 'debate' with MGD over who gets to utilize the noise makers. As we clearly had different thoughts on the issue, someone (uh... me, obviously) got all pissy about not getting what she wanted and executed a sneak attack on her nemesis of the moment. Needless to say, I lost the noise maker and a bit of pride and executed Plan B. Some silent treatment accompanied by a whole lot of stink eye...

Trying to smooth the drunken waters, MGD took a rare DFHead bottle cap (which I collect obsessively) and lovingly scratched the price tag off to a perfect glean. And because I'm such a gracious loser in all things competitive, I swatted the cap out of his hand onto the floor while raising my stink eye level. As an innocent party guest attempted to collect it from the floor, I stomped on the cap with my shiny Mary Jane'd heel and swiftly kicked it under the beer fridge. Gave MGD the look of death (read: What now? I don't need your stupid peace offering!) and felt I proved my point sufficiently. Hugs were given, kisses were had and all was forgiven and forgotten.

10 minutes pass...

FUCK. I want that bottle cap. Ugh, why do I always screw myself over to make a point? Stubbornness at it's finest, right here. Spent the next 45 laying on the floor in my supercutepartydress with a flashlight, a big metal rod & the help of multiple friends trying to retrieve the item of importance. To no avail, the DFHead bottle cap shall remain a part of Amocat's history.



2. The 3 liter bottles of Grand Reserve Chimay (which we bought off Chris, the owner of The Red Hot during Lagunitas night) & Double Bastard were the best ideas ever. Holy awesome. I told MGD that it was a bit excessive @ approx. $100 each but then I saw the Double Bastard came with a chain, lock & key... That's a yes. Maybe I was more worried about having to explain to everyone all night what MGD was compensating for by bringing such largeness to share. Which is absolutely nothing. Visual examples below display that dude knows how to show this girl a good time.



3. Our group of 5 (MGD, my best friend and her hubby, my brother & myself) finally cabbed it back (safety first!) to Casa de MGD around 1a. No one was quite ready to call it a night so we stayed up drinking more (Chimay & Midnight Union) and playing Rummy in front of the fireplace, til 6a. It was a perfect end to a perfect night.



If the amount of fun I had on New Years Eve is any indication of the upcoming year, I'm stoked. I hope everyone I know had a wonderful and safe evening as well.

2011, bring it on yo!
the pissed (and uber content with her life) liBEERian



Photo credits: MGD, Myself, Bee & Michele Barnes
Editing award goes to MGD




No comments:

Post a Comment