Saturday, January 8, 2011

WTF Ellensburg? also known as 'why i don't cross the mountains for beer'

This is so funny & ridiculous, I had to share with y'all. Had a somewhat last minute notion to attend the WinterHop BrewFest in Ellensburg coming up next weekend. Called a friend who could be a stand in blog photographer (MGD be outta town) and is usually up for any and all kinds of antics. Her sense of adventure is rivaled by none.

In looking up the festival info I saw that the event had sold out, so I inquired about obtaining some blog related media passes in order to attend. Please read the timely & oh so accommodating response I received:

Yes!!!!  As long as you are not tasting a ticket is not required.  I could have a media pass for you at the Will Call trailer.  I just need names and I can have two media passes for you……If I can help you with anything else please let me know

Sigh. Let me repeat: SIGH. Oh Ellensburg Chamber of Commerce, you ignorant little sluts.

Please ask yourself why I would trouble myself to drive 122 miles to attend a beer event that I can't drink at? What kind of bullshit reporting would that be? The beer looked good... It smelled delicious... Man, it appears to be thirst quenching...  With an added bonus of picking my tickets up from something referred to as the 'Will Call trailer'. Best shine up my shit kickers and bust out my very best wife beater!

Guess I'll just have to miss this one, maybe next year... 
the pissed liBEERian


No comments:

Post a Comment