Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Another evening spent as bacchanalians at Beveridge Place Pub

It was brought to my attention at Beveridge Place Pub last night that what we (MGD & I) spend our time doing (imbibing and writing about it) is supposed to be fun. Apparently my speechless & aggravated state on the drive to Seattle must have indicated that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed at the moment trying to accomplish things so a chill pill prescription was written out to one pissed liBEERian. It was a somber & quiet evening (some of us might call that an understatement) but I got a lot of work done while enjoying the 2007 Barleywines that BPP had in store for our mid-week sojourn to West Seattle.

Dinner equaled having some yummy Thai food delivered that paired nicely with our following selections:

Stone Old Guardian '07 (absolutely delicious!)
Lucky Labrador Old Yeller '09
Mad River John Barleycorn '07
Alaskan Barleywine '07
North Coast Old Stock '09

We don't make the trek up to Seattle very often during the week since we tend to spend most Sundays tooling around The 206. Plus a looming wake up time of 7 a.m. (for one of us) can make traveling far from home less than appealing and throwing on Big Wednesday when we got home around midnight thirty didn't help much either. A stipulation was put in place that if I looked over and saw MGD snoozing during the movie that HE wanted to watch, it was getting turned off regardless if it woke him up or not. This was shortly before I threw myself face first onto the bed claiming something muffled and was (accurately) labeled as 'pitiful'. A good description as there is apparently some point in any given night where I just need to be put to bed for my own safety and for the sanity of everyone around. 

Instead of a flick keeping me up all night for the usual reasons of over stimulation via noise and flashing lights, I was fascinated (mostly by Gary Busey's teeth) therefore watching and awake. Around 1:30a I forced myself to call it a night. I want to see the 2nd half of Big Wednesday then watch Point Break. I heart surfing movies.

Anywho, I"m rambling cause my soy vanilla latte has no vanilla in it and the caffeine portion hasn't kicked in yet. Beveridge Place was good value both Sunday and Tuesday night, I'm happy we were able to make it out twice to experience the event.

insert something clever,
the pissed liBEERian

the face up version of pitiful, Resco style

No comments:

Post a Comment