Monday, March 7, 2011

Peninsula pub crawl & other dreams that came true...

MGD and I enjoyed our sunny Saturday by driving around the peninsula and visiting a few breweries. Our morning began at Der Blokken Brewery in Bremerton for a delicious brunch paired with their beers. The flagship Black Stout was excellent! As we headed on to Silver City Brewery, we passed through Tracyton. Feel free to keep any and all fat jokes to yourself. Had to take a few pictures of me standing next to signs and the Tracyton Public House, of course.

Chatted up some peeps at Silver City and had a variety of beers before heading to the 7 Seas Tasting Room in Gig Harbor for their Growler Release and the opening of their beer garden. Kept warm by the outdoor fires (next time I'm bringing s'mores gear) & life sized Jenga while sippin' on some proper pints and hanging out with the fun folks that embody 7 Seas Brewing. You guys give me heart bubbles, all of you. I think you are awesome with a capital 7. Will do a more detail oriented blog on the evening once we get our pics developed in the dark room.

Headed home with my new hoodie & MGD's new growler for an early-ish evening. Put on the 'Invention of Lying' and proceeded to drool all over MGD as I passed out from way too much fun.

Was chilling in Seattle while writing this and recalling events from the evening as I waited for MGD to finish playing rugby so we can see where the day would take us. My vote is on anywhere that will allow me to take a nap. I'm still chuckling over something Travis Guterson (co-owner and head brewer of 7 Seas) said to me at the 7 Seas party as he left our Wheelchair Barleywine (which I really like and was defending to some dude who didn't 'get' it) conversation and the fire we lovingly tended for him:

Travis: The pissed liBEERian is in the HOUSE!!! If the pissed liBEERian thinks it's good, it's at least half decent.
Me: (left pondering if that was actually a compliment, MGD confirmed that it was) 


blogging while daydreaming of seas numbering seven,
the pissed liBEERian




Photography & Editing Credits to The Real MGD

No comments:

Post a Comment