Saturday, September 4, 2010

An ode... to all thangs Dogfish Head.

Sup bitches, happy Labor Day Weekend. Two things have prompted me to scribe this post:
  1. I was recently asked for some suggestions/recommendations on Dogfish Head beer to drink and sell.
  2. I'm planning a beer/fancy dinner pairing party where I will need approx. 10 different ales to go with each course.
So in contemplating DFH beer I realized that I have mostly only tried their seasonal and special release beers. Granted, I am on an overall mission to try everything they offer and produce, this makes it a little difficult to plan in advance. So I'm sure you are just as curious as I am to see the Dogfish Head Release Schedule. I hope it brings ease to your mind, life and ale consumption journey; like it has for mine. Lucky me, I was only halfway through making a super elaborate, color coded, itemized spreadsheet of release dates when I found this handy link. My hard work = irrelevant, yet still worthwhile. I do what I do for YOU!

The link is amazing in all of it's Dogheaded full color glory but to lay it out all quick like, here is what's coming up. Fuck it, I just love making lists. Starting w/ zee current month. Since I love charts and lists of ALL kinds, here is a key to the symbols you may see:
* - I have tasted
! - If I were married, my relationship w/ this beer could be considered an affair. That's how much I lurv it.
# - Seasonal
~ - Occasional (this better not mean: don't get your hops up, we'll consider releasing it when we damn well feel like it)

Sept - Punkin Ale*# & Pangea~
Oct - Punkin Ale*# & Olde School Barleywine~ (hawt damn!! ABV 15%) & Squall IPA~
***Just so you know, as I'm typing this... I'm getting super stoked. It's my virgin year as a DFH lover so there is much I have not tried!! Okay, back to business.***
Nov - Chicory Stout# & Burton Baton~ & WORLD WIDE STOUT*!~ (I have 2 bottles in my fridge on super hoard status. It's okay to be a bit green eyed over it's ABV 18% goodness) & My Antonia~
Dec - Chicory Stout# & 120 Minute IPA*!~ (Oh dear heavens, please let it be so! I'm jonesing since SIB and my mouth had been denied since the August batch was FOILED! I need something to make Black & Tans with, a Dirty Ho can only hold the flame for so long against a 40 Proof Heaven & Hell) & Fort~



Jan - Nada. So I hope you stocked up on some of the above awesome in a bottle or can hit up a year round ale.
Feb - Red and White~
Mar - Aprihop*!# & Burton Baton~ & Black and Blue*!~  (delicious fruit beer!!) & Squall IPA~
April - Aprihop*!# & Immort Ale~ (looooove this name) & My Antonia~
May -A whole month devoted to... 120 Minute IPA*!~
June - Festina Peche*# & Sah'Tea*~
July - Festina Peche*# & Burton Baton~ & Theobroma*~
Aug - 120 Minute IPA*!~ (not this year unfortunately, quality control was off. why ya gotta tease me right after SIB guys? damn.) & Chateau Jiahu~

2 big thank yous to hand out award show style. 1st thank you goes to MGD for coming to SIB all three days over 4th of July weekend, and especially for getting up ass early when hungover from day uno & dos. We made it to the special Dogfish Head pour by 1p, despite our 'loitering' line start & a trip to get more glasses. A day/wknd that for sure changed my approach to beer drinking forever. It's great to be #1, eh! Foam fingers for next time. Our view from the front of line:


2nd thank you goes to Dogfish Head Craft Brewery. You guys are amazing. A small op built from the ground up with off-centered people producing amazing and unique brews. I am a fan for life, come heaven or hell; and I've made sure that everyone around me knows that. You are so awesome, I would even buy a $40 beach towel from you. Just so I can wrap myself up in your logo and enjoy all that it is... all over my body. Kudos, you are the reason people plan vacations around beer. Delaware... here I come.



You've caused me to save bottle caps. You've made me soak and peel labels. Okay in all fairness someone did that for me & I have helpers w/ the bottle cap collection too but you've created a monster. You've been worth every second of my time, and the time of those who indulge my DFH fetish; as far as I'm concerned

Oh
     and
             one
                      last
                              thing...

If anyone feels like buying me a present, here is #1 on my list:
It can be found on the DFH website.
Holy mutual love of DFH & Steampunk.
Just in case you want to know what time your IPA
is coming. Happeh sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment