Saturday, September 4, 2010

retALE therapy

I have learned a very valuable lesson about myself today. I have always known that shopping gave me a little happy in the way of "yay, goodies!!", ie retail therapy. Feeling a little down... go buy something new & shiny, works like a charm. I didn't have any need to be cheered up as I perused the stores in Lakewood Town Center, I had legit reasons to be in that area. Bought some new workout pants, a yoga mat to prevent myself from eventually contracting herpes from the ones that All Star lets you borrow and a super cute new dress for the next PBF (private beer fest). The last 'super cute new dress' I wore at PBF seemed to lead to fun places, so... why not?

So clothes and yoga stuff, blah blah blah; was heading up 56th, on the way back home from a Trader Joe's run, and decided to swing into Tacoma Pipe & Tobacco. I actually had a list of items to get on the next beer run because some cool seasonals have been released and the Oskar Blues virtual beer tasting is in less than a week (more on that later).

Check out the awesomeness that I acquired!! Fuck me, even the beer guy at TP&T commented on my great/random selection. So did this guy who pulled up in my driveway as I was unloading groceries. He was trying to sell me some steak. Weird, right? I asked him "Could we cut this short & both get on with our days if I told you right now that I'm a vegetarian?". Yeah, okay, BYE! Haha.


Anywho... from left to right here's the 411. (plan to add more info on each later as I try them)
World Beers @ Tacoma Pipe & Tobacco
-Southern Tier Pumking Ale
-Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout (had at Brouwer's and it was uh-maze-ing)
-Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat
-Great Divide Wild Raspberry Ale (saving for CO Virtual Beer Taste)
-New Belgium Fat Tire (had a million times, first time out of a can, also saving for Virtual BT)
-New Belgium Ranger IPA (Virtual BT)
Trader Joe's
-Stone Ruination IPA (Don't believe I've had before. Missing MGD (who loves Stone, that arrogant bastard) & wanted an IPA to try tonight after I run a bazillion miles @ the gym.  I'm worried about caving in and drinking one of my DFHead WWStout's that are being hoarded in the back of my fridge)
-Mosen Cleto Spanish red wine (not super into Spanish wine but look closely @ the bottle. All those speckled flecks are sand. This thing is freaking coated in SAND. A must buy, too cool!)

So what does this all have to do with retail therapy, you might be asking yourself. As I selected my beers ever so carefully and bs'ed with the store clerk for a hot minute about Tacoma Craft BF & my selection of ales; my mood started to lift and lift. I spent $28+ on 6 beers, left the place practically whistling & skipping out to my car. Which happens to be sporting some super sweet new 'local' swag, might I add.



Best high eva!! I made myself laugh at how damn happy I was. Maybe it's being devoid of ale for most of the week? Perhaps having less people to talk 'beer' with? 'Cept it has to be said that, Basil (JoLyn, not sure why we are calling her Basil but it was mutually agreed upon), you are totally getting into it and I DIG that about you. ;) Whatever it is, it's good. Real Real Good.

2 vital (okay, totally random and unimportant) things to note so you understand my full state of mind on the drive home from Tacoma P&T:
1. Was listening to Lady Gag's "Bad Romance" which still contains some of my much hearted lyrics ever. "I want your love, I don't wanna be friends. When it comes to love if it's not rough it isn't fun."
2. Saw a child's toy doll naked, face down on the side of the road. It freaked me the hell out but then I realized "Hey, it could be worse. It could be face up with those creepy eyelids that open when it sits up." Sick.

Signing off with an amazing quote I read recently in my travels:
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world -Kaiser Wilhelen
(If I can find a man who feels that way about this girl, magic.)

yours, pissed liBEERian

No comments:

Post a Comment