Thursday, September 9, 2010

things i do for no good reason...

Are listed here:
1. run. i want to be a runner, but don't want to have to run all the time in order to become one.
2. have the inclination to do/attend every beer related activity possible.

So that brings us to the events of my upcoming evening.
A: 1st 2010 NFL Season game. Vikings vs. Saints. Football season gives me super giddy feeling that resonates all the way down to my tight end.
2: Make zucchini bread w/ the large squash on my counter, courtesy of being mom'd by Basil.
G: Participate in the (1st ever) Virtual Colorado Beer Tasting. Yay!

Do I care about Colorado? Not particularly. Capital building is all shiny like.
Do they make any of my 'must have' beers and therefore giving me a reason to drink them? No.
Do I want to eventually attend the Great American Beer Festival they host there every year? Oh hellz yes.

It does however give me a cause to try some new ales and styles I have not before, effing magical. Plus it gives me a fun beer blog related activity to do at the same time as other peeps who feel the need to spread the good word about beer. Ahhhh-sum. Will be drinking Colorado brewed beer while perfecting my culinary skills by attempting to create a healthy version of my fave sweet loaf & enjoying the beginning of pigskin season... sign. me. up. Sounds like a bomb diggity night to me!

Here's the lineup...
New Belgium Fat Tire (in a can, which I have never had before. plus my taste in beer is changing, will be fun to do a review of FT)
New Belgium Ranger IPA
Great Divide Wild Raspberry Ale
Boulder Beer Company Hazed and Infused Dry Hopped Ale (first Colorado brewery ever opened)

Essentially how this Virtual Beer Tasting dealy works is: You buy ales made by any Colorado Brewery, the event starts at 6:30p (our time). You start tasting and reviewing on blogging sites, Facebook, Twitter etc as a collective. I'm thinking this might be a perfect combo with my football watching. Will blog later about my thoughts, opinions and whether or not this was all worth my time. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment