Friday, October 15, 2010

Jubelpalooza @ Parkway Tavern

I've come to the very sad realization that I can't switch all of my work shifts in the name of beer events, just most of them. As I was stuck doing paid slavery until 9p on 10/13, I begged, pleaded and did everything on my knees that I could think of to get my very best ale minion down to the Parkway Tavern @ 6p for...

Jubelpalooza!!
Parkways 11th Annual Celebration of Deschute's Jubelale 6-9p

You wish you had a Deschutes skate deck...

We'd been entering in the Jubelpalooza contest all week (while filling up our Tacoma Drinks WA Beer punch cards) and at some point the liBEERian learned how to read and noticed the entry slip saying something like "must be present to win." FML. Taking one for the team, MGD got there shortly after the festivities began to represent our beer drinking team. I knew our luck was in place when I scored 2 Diet Cokes for the price of 1 from the vending machine @ work. I won nada that night (unless you count the Black Butte T-shirt TPG3 found in the grass outside as we left), but MGD scored BIG TIME. Check out the swag   ------------------- >


Lineup for the evening (the ones we sampled are starred):
Jubelale '08          *The Abyss Imperial Stout '09
Jubelale '09         Mirror Mirror Barleywine '09
Jubelale '10         Black Butte Porter XXI '09
*Cask Jubelale '09                     *Oktoberfest
*Nitro Jubelale '09    Miss Spelt Hefewiezen
*Superjubel '08                          *Hop Trip
Jubel '10    Green Lakes Organic Amber



I love events @ Parkway; they are high energy and crazy busy. Usually, it is standing room only, but you end up meeting some interesting folks that way. Other than having cool peeps come out (thnx MGD & TPG3!) for the sake of my blog, since I couldn't get there until 9p, here are 2 things that really made my night:

 1. You know you've hit true (local) celebrity blogger status when someone comes up to you at an event and says, "Hey you write a blog, don't you?!" Score. And here I thought having blog hits in places like Slovenia & Australia was the cat's pajamas...

B. It was thought by MGD (correctly) that I would truly love the Hop Trip ale. Sean (awesome Parkway beer dude, sorry if I Miss Spelt your name) thought it would be the first to 'tap out' of the lineup so he stowed away a sample for me just in case. Bloggy fist bump of awesomeness to you Sean, fanx! (btw I did totally heart the Hop Trip; I can't wait to try it on tap @ the brewery when we road trip it down to PDX).

If you didn't make it out to this Jubelpalooza, try for 2011, fun times were aplenty.


Hoping nothing in this post is Miss Spelt, the pissed liBEERian


1 comment:

  1. Beer Junction in West Seattle is another great bottle (&can) shop. They're having a Schooner Exact tasting on Thursday 10/21 -Guy

    ReplyDelete