Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Shocker: Surprisingly Enjoyable!

Surprisingly enjoyable, so says the tap handle anyways. I was on a Seamstress Union hunt sometime in late July and heard the delightful rumor that Parkway Tavern may have some on tap. Wrong. Negatory. Denied. However, imagine my surprise when a little beauty called 'The Shocker' was pouring. It was a special brew made by Schooner Exact for the 75th Anniversary of Parkway (congrats!) and there was a bit left over.

The folks @ SE gave me a tap handle sticker!
'Twas a beautiful sunny day so I grabbed myself a pint and headed out to the patio to enjoy some literature with my beer. Well I was holding a book in my lap, but there was little to no reading going on. I had to text MGD immediately to tell him all about my find! He demanded a picture of me holding/drinking the Shocker while doing one. Naturally, I didn't see how I could manage the flexibility while keeping all of the liquid in my glass so I said "Nope, sorry." He replied that if I didn't take a picture of me drinking it while throwing the sign he would call Parkway and have me thrown out immediately.

Oh... you want me to throw the Shocker sign (not perform one) while holding my drink! Gotcha. Being the picture whore that I am, I turned to my fellow patio goers and asked them to snap a quick pic.

Alright, let's get around to the reason I am writing this. While I was describing the Raspberry Shocker to a friend last night I mentioned that the beer is made up of 2 parts Seamstress Union Raspberry Wheat and 1 part King Street Brown. Let me say that again... 2 pink & 1 brown. Maybe all of that blond hair dye has finally gone to my brain because the relevancy of the drink components never even occurred to me. I don't have 'aha' moments, I have 'duuuuuuuh' moments with epic authority. Seeing as it took me approximately 3 months to figure this out... Hahahahahaha.

Nicely done Schooner EXACT, nicely done.

Throwing my Shocker, while holding The Shocker @ Parkway Tavern. 
the pissed liBEERian



My buddy Spock throws his own variation...

    Options are always good...                                                                     Local flare outside the Top of Tacoma...            


No comments:

Post a Comment