Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You wanna tap this?

Due to what I find to be highly insufficient plugging and advertising, I am going to start doing my part to promote Tap Night Tacoma. This is an event that happens on the 2nd Monday of every month at local pubs and taverns around the general 253 area.

At 6p sharp, a city wide selection of cask ales are tapped for the enjoyment of the masses at approximately 5-6 locations. The breweries who provide the casks are usually well known & it may even be beer you've consumed before. However, I'll give you four reasons that this is a must attend event so listen the fuck up... I only want to have to repeat myself once a month (approx. a week before the event as a reminder).

1. Support your local businesses. We don't need to pump any more of our hard earn $ into the hands of any more Red Robins and Applebees. Stay away from chains, obvious. Kthnxbai.

2. You may have had Schooner Exact's 3 Grid IPA (winner of the blind IPA David & Goliath event @ Parkway Tavern on 9/29) but have you had their 2-5-3 Grid IPA? This was a special made brew for a previous Tap Night Tacoma. You will see all kinds of great new ales and tweaked old favorites featured.

3. Help keep great events alive! More bars should collaborate and host events like this. I totally dig how much the Parkway and Red Hot are into doing special & weird things in the sake of craft beer. It gives me a reason to go out (because my social life is really lacking right now, as is my beer drinking...) and shoves them deeper and deeper into my heart of hearts. I've become bored just showing up @ a bar to drink nowadays. Other than doing it to keep my loyal following going... I want a reason! I am a marketing persons DREAM. You make a punch card for WA beer... I'm fucking there with my sleeping bag and toothbrush.

4. Cask ale is da bomb! It offers a richer taste and has more character, while at its freshest. It is unfiltered and unpasteurized, served without the use of extraneous carbon dioxide or nitrogen around room temperature. The live product in it's natural state, kind of like traveling back to the Mesozoic period to see real dinosaurs vs. a field trip to see some fossils @ a museum. Yep... just like that.

Hope those points hit home and you make it out to the next Tap Night Tacoma, Monday October 11th @ 6p. Here's the lineup:

The Red Hot - Naked City Dry-Hopped Impact IPA*
Engine House 9 - E9 Dry-Hopped IPA
Doyle's - Morland Old Speckled Hen*
Meconi's - Maritime Pacific Imperial IPA
The Swiss - Georgetown Brewing Lucille IPA
Parkway Tavern - Double Mountain Vaporizer*

I starred the ones I am the most excited to try, then followed it with one based on convenience. I mean come on, if I'm gonna hit Red Hot why wouldn't I walk across the street to E9? Please note that I put Parkway last because it is my most favoritest and I like to save it. I haven't made it to all locations yet on a single Tap Night and when I'm done traveling, I head to Parkway to finish my evening for the cask ale they are serving up and whatever else looks delicious.

I will do what I can to help this event be a success. Not only by promoting it and attending, but I am only one liBEERian. I don't understand why I can only find out info on what's being served and where for this event by seeing a random poster @ a pub (which works for me, I go often but there are many who don't) or MAYBE hearing some info on Facebook the day of the event. Can't Tap Night Tacoma have it's own FB page? I'll even make it if that's what it takes to get the good word out because it's TNT and it's dynamite.



the pissed liBEERian
Tap this.

3 comments:

  1. Funny thing...I took a break from navigating the web of pain that is facebook "like" pages while creating Tap Nights page and read this. Its up, and we'll be doing some more promotion for Tap Night before the year is out. As Bartles and Jaymes once said, "Thanks...for your...support!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear it Red Hot, glad we found something to be on the same page (of the Facebook variety no less)over. Can't wait til Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i put up an event page for it as well on the FB

    ReplyDelete