Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Hollyday Hangover

I would say that this is one of the first years I haven't experienced some version of the post Christmas Crash. You know... that sad, ominous feeling that everything that you had been looking forward to since Thanksgiving, is now over and done with. Like a sugar high gone wrong and ending too quickly.  I was looking forward to all kinds of cheeriness and merriment for the 2010 holiday season.

My only problem this year was being way super duper lazy about getting my Christmas shopping done and setting lofty craft oriented goals for myself that were so painfully never going to come to fruition, it's beyond humorous. The usual make-my-own-cards(and get them out on time), craft-up-some-handmade-presents and bake-a-zillion-cookies-for-everyone deal. Nope. Negatory. Not even close.

I did have a wonderful holiday though, no complaints in that department. MGD accompanied me up north to meet mi familia & he did pretty well. Or at least any mental and emotional scars that were inflicted are not visible to the naked eye. I tend to think my family is insane and assume it's going to be a rough go for any wingman I procure for any given engagement. Although lessons have been learned about the two of us sharing an air mattress for 2 nights.

There are the kind of people who think it's funny to dive onto the (air filled) sack (of sin) when it's Land of Nod go time, and therefore causing the pleasantly (and oh so angelically-sleeping-and-not-a-trace-of-drool-or-snoring) slumbering person to fly off the other side of the air mattress. Then there are those of us who don't find it funny. AT. ALL.

Decided to spent the whole of Sunday taking it easy in Seattle with a little rugby, reading, cruising the interwebs at various locations. Hit up Pies & Pints in the Ravenna district of Seattle then made our way over to Beveridge Place Pub for the first time in West Seattle. Totally awesome location! I've heard many a great thing about BPP and have lusted after making an appearance there for awhile. As I told MGD after we took a look around and scoped out the tap list: "I think this place just totally gave me a boner, dude."

Spent a few happy hours at Beveridge, then headed home to call it a weekend. Successfully made it into bed at a decent hour and watched episodes of  Farscape s.3 until I was certain that Aeryn wasn't totally dead, like they implied at the conclusion of Season 2. So. Very. Rude.

However, am now privy to PL/MGD relationship tidbit  #435: While I was anticipating some tears over watching said episodes, I inform MGD that he needs to hurrythefuckup and shower so we can get the show on the road. I like to be held when I cry. He in turn informed me he will take a shower for the length of time equaling that of a normal person and that when I cry, all he wants to do is leave the room.

Good to know, now currently in possession of one dude who hates to see me cry. And after all that time I put into being a non-ugly crier? Wasted. Meh.

Got only so far on my advent beer project for December, obviously. I could try to recount what I drank every day from the last date I listed but that seems like a lot of work that I'm not that enthused about. I'm coming to the conclusion that I can't do anything consistent, for any length of time longer than the attention span of a gold fish. I have GREAT ideas for AWESOME future projects but either I plan it out so much that I'm already over it by the time I start, or I get bored half way through because I'm ready to hatch my next evil plot.

Oh well. Please just be comforted that I did drink, but not every day. I enjoyed everything I had and if it was uber remarkable I would have shared it with you. K? K.


Working on my Post-Christmas-Pre-New-Years-Eve-Attitude-Adjustment,
the pissed liBEERian

No comments:

Post a Comment