Saturday, December 4, 2010

Who knew that beer could be so ADVENTageous?

'Twas cruising the interwebs the other day and came across a cool concept. The Beer Advent Calendar. I'm hoping you all know what an advent calendar is (the nadvent version seems like a viable option for some years...), but if not let me fill ya in. Usually comes in the form of a cardboard thingy with little flaps/doors that you open every day. Beginning on December 1st and counting down the days to the Big One. You know, Christmas. Chocolate & toys are usually found behind each door.

Constructing an advent calendar to fit beer bottles would be a lofty mission (I'm thinking 2x4's + table saw = something remotely resembling a huge wooden tree with cubby holes) and I'm 4 days too late at this point. I can still commit to drinking a beer every day until the 25th though!!

 I will keep updating as I make my way through December but here is what I've accomplished so far...

12/1 - H.U.B. Rise-Up Red @ Parkway Tavern
12/2 - Sierra/Dogfish Head Life and Limb collaboration stout @ Brouwers Cafe BigWood event
12/3 - Full Sail Red Label Session @ home (Christmas related side note: while watching Love Actually while decorating my house with holiday cheer)


'Tis the season 'n stuff.
the pissed liBEERian

No comments:

Post a Comment