Friday, December 3, 2010

HUBba HUBba

Not only are Wednesdays Hump Day (nationally recognized, loved & acted on...), but they are typically a night where Parkway features a brewer or brewery. Which ='s us going out and enjoying lots of ale and winning lots of swag. This go around we got a t-shirt and pint glass. Ska-oar!!!! Winna winna chicken dinna.

Anyways... smallish crowd for a Brewers Night but the quality of the libations poured was above & beyond. Little did I know that when I stated earlier that day, "Hey, MGD! You have nothing better to do, I need some limited edition DFHead Squall IPA. Please drive to 99 Bottles and acquire some for our happy little unit before you pick me up from zee Berry and take me to Parkway", that he would, by default on my errand, end up attending a H.U.B. tasting.

Not only did he get to meet Jaime Rodriquez (a H.U.B. brewer and all-around cool cat) in addition to several other H.U.B. peeps; he sampled the Crosstown Pale, Survival "Seven-Grain" Stout, Rise-Up Red & Abominable Winter Ale. Lucky fuck. I'm a lucky fuck-ette tho, we have new additions to our beer supply (we were TOTALLY running low). Everyone wins that game!

At the Parkway we sampled the Organic Hopworks IPA, Crosstown Pale, Pig War San Juan Imperial IPA, Rise-Up Red Ale. It was uh-maze-ink. All in all it was a great time hanging out with friends, enjoying some pints and talking beer. Thnx boys, you know who you are!

 

Since MGD & myself can do nothing simple or remotely half-assed... we decided to hit up the Harmon Tap Room after Parkway. Pumpkin Blonde & Medieval Madness pinball were calling our names. $6 dollars worth of pinball and hostile competition... priceless when it comes with a few conspiratorial butt pats. Arcade game freaks... right here! 




Guess what... still not done. Had to have 2nd supper like some hobbit freaks so we headed to Puget Sound Pizza for some pie, pints & peoplesingingbadly (karaoke). The high point of that stop was getting Thursdays "The Stranger" at 11p on WEDNESDAY!!! and sucking down some Lagunitas Brown Shugga & Maritime Jolly Roger. Okay... the pesto artichoke pizza by Hippie John wasn't too shabby either. However... I still haven't come across an ad in the "I Saw You" section of the stranger that obviously depicts me. I'm W-A-I-T-I-N-G. It will happen.

That's about it... had a great but long night. SOP for these kids, thanks for those who were a part of it. Even on a school night...



Cheers, clink, blahblahblah...

the pissed liBEERian

Madness... No. This is PINBALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment